The First Poster From The Spirit Art School Program
The first poster in a series from The Spirit Art School Program finally is released. Partnering with nine prestigious arts schools nationwide and presenting nine student-designed advertising campaigns for the movie, Lionsgate will unveil the campaigns throughout the summer in the individual cities that are home to the nine schools.
The Spirit Art School Program was launched this past weekend at the annual Comic-Con convention in San Diego, where The Art Institute of California-San Diego introduced its campaign. "We are very excited and proud to be partnering with these nine superb arts educators on this innovative program," said Greenberg and Palen, Lionsgate Co-Presidents of Theatrical Marketing.
Frank Miller, the director of the movie, also added "Will Eisner and his masterpiece, THE SPIRIT, were great influences to me. THE SPIRIT Art School Program gives students at these nine institutions a terrific showcase for their work, and it's also a wonderful way to continue the cross-generational exchange of ideas that is so important to every art form."
The college-level facilities participating in THE SPIRIT Art School Program are: The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandise in Los Angeles; School of the Art Institute of Chicago; The Art Institute of New York; The Art Institute of California - San Francisco; The Art Institute of California - San Diego, Miami Ad School; The Art Institute of Washington; The Art Institute of Philadelphia; and The New England Institute of Art. The schools were provided with creative assets from the Lionsgate marketing portfolio, and were given wide artistic latitude in interpreting THE SPIRIT to design a campaign that was pertinent and unique to their cities. The program is spearheaded by Danielle Della Corna, Director of Media and Promotion for Lionsgate.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences