Alicia Keys Considered for 'Y: The Last Man' Part
So far, news concerning New Line Cinema's adaptation project "Y: The Last Man" are coming from director D.J. Caruso. Still, it looks like the helmer of "Eagle Eye" and "Disturbia" is not the only one that has a say about the movie. At the 2008 San Diego Comic Con, producer JC Spinks gives out the casting scoop.
Confirming that the production company involved is trying to get Shia LaBeouf for the lead character, Spinks brings in an even more interesting tidbit noting that he is considering to sign R 'n' B star Alicia Keys for Agent 355 role. Sharing his most likely choice for the bodyguard character to UGO, he stated, "...believe it or not, I think Alicia Keys would be fantastic. Or Zoe Saldana. By then Star Trek will be out and she'll be huge."
"I don't think Jada Pinkett Smith would be right but a lot of people like her. The truth is that it is up to DJ Caruso and the studio...but mostly DJ. I just make suggestions. But please post this to your site to see if you can get people campaigning," added the producer of "A History of Violence" and "Red Eye". Meanwhile, on the part of Doctor Allison Mann, he insisted that they will cast a newcomer saying simply, "an unknown, I don't want Lucy Liu."
Adapted from Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's comic book series, "The Last Man" follows the journey of Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey Ampersand in finding the cause of the mysterious plague which leaves them to be the last Y chromosome mammals on Earth. The script is said to be written by Carl Ellsworth and Jeff Vintar.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment