Alicia Keys Considered for 'Y: The Last Man' Part
So far, news concerning New Line Cinema's adaptation project "Y: The Last Man" are coming from director D.J. Caruso. Still, it looks like the helmer of "Eagle Eye" and "Disturbia" is not the only one that has a say about the movie. At the 2008 San Diego Comic Con, producer JC Spinks gives out the casting scoop.
Confirming that the production company involved is trying to get Shia LaBeouf for the lead character, Spinks brings in an even more interesting tidbit noting that he is considering to sign R 'n' B star Alicia Keys for Agent 355 role. Sharing his most likely choice for the bodyguard character to UGO, he stated, "...believe it or not, I think Alicia Keys would be fantastic. Or Zoe Saldana. By then Star Trek will be out and she'll be huge."
"I don't think Jada Pinkett Smith would be right but a lot of people like her. The truth is that it is up to DJ Caruso and the studio...but mostly DJ. I just make suggestions. But please post this to your site to see if you can get people campaigning," added the producer of "A History of Violence" and "Red Eye". Meanwhile, on the part of Doctor Allison Mann, he insisted that they will cast a newcomer saying simply, "an unknown, I don't want Lucy Liu."
Adapted from Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's comic book series, "The Last Man" follows the journey of Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey Ampersand in finding the cause of the mysterious plague which leaves them to be the last Y chromosome mammals on Earth. The script is said to be written by Carl Ellsworth and Jeff Vintar.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off