Young Tom Riddle of 'Half-Blood Prince' Exposed
In anticipation of the highly anticipated teaser trailer of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" which is expected to be unraveled on Tuesday, July 29, two new images from the sixth "Harry Potter" saga have been making their way to be seen by the boy wizard's fans. One of them reveals for the first time the young Tom Riddle which can be seen on the news' photo, while the other exposes Dumbledore in a fiery battle posted below.
Being the first to unearth the images, USA Today noted that the two are the movie's stills which could be seen in the upcoming teaser. Giving further explanation about the photos, the publication noted that the boy portrayed in the picture is the 11-year-old incarnation of Lord Voldermort and he is played by Hero Fiennes-Tiffin who is the nephew of Ralph Fiennes, Voldermort's depicter. In the same picture, it can also be seen on the background Mrs. Cole and the younger version of Dumbledore.
Commenting on the signing of Hero as the young Voldermort, director David Yates explained, "His mother (Martha Fiennes) is a film director, and Hero was very focused and disciplined. The fact that he's related to Ralph wasn't the primary reason for choosing him. It was an advantage that he looked very similar to Ralph. Of course that was useful. But primarily I went for Hero because of this wonderful haunted quality that seemed to bring Tom Riddle alive on-screen for us."
"But even though he's the nicest child you'd ever want to meet, sweet-natured and pleasant, he got the corners and dark moods and odd spirit of the character. Even at a very young age, Tom Riddle shows tendencies toward cruelty and maliciousness. And it's a very unsettling thing to see," added the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" helmer.
"Half-Blood Prince" follows Harry Potter in his sixth year at Hogwarts. With Voldermort's strength growing stronger and stronger each day, the wizarding world and Potter are preparing for the impending battle. But, first he has to figure out who is the self-titled 'Half-Blood Prince'. Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman and many others, the film is coming to theaters on November 21.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri