David Goyer Updating 'Invisible Man'
Coming to the 2008 San Diego Comic Con to promote his forthcoming thriller "The Unborn", filmmaker David Goyer gives an update to his other feature film project, "The Invisible Man". Talking to Shock Till You Drop, the writer/director spoke out about what he had done for the script writing as well as his idea for this project.
Noting that he is writing the screenplay, the man behind "Blade: Trinity" revealed that he is working with "Batman Begins"'s conceptual artist for the script. "I'm writing it right now," said the 42-year-old. "I got Universal to hire some conceptual artists for me so they're working tandem with me writing. The main guy is Jamie Rama, Aaron Sims did some pieces too. Rama is a great conceptual artist who worked on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, he's one of the primary conceptual artists who worked on the Bat suits."
Giving out more on his idea for the film, Goyer confessed that his take on the H.G. Wells classic novel will be filled with historical figures, including William Melville. "He instituted fingerprinting and was friends with Harry Houdini," he explained about Merville. "He's were the 'M' comes from in MI6. In my story, he's the one who captures the Invisible Man in my story and says, 'Listen, we want to turn you into a secret agent and send you into Imperial Russia.'"
Said to be considered as the sequel to the original Wells' classic tale, "Invisible Man" will resolve around the nephew of the original 'Invisible Man'. It is reported that in this version, the nephew discovers his uncle's formula for achieving invisibility and thus he is recruited by British intelligence agency MI5 during World War II. The movie is expected to be outed in 2010.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera