Excluding Dinobots, 'Transformers 2' Gets Confirmed Theme
Highly anticipated by most of its fans and others, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" has yet to share any confirmed details about the story plot giving fans nothing but speculations about the sequel. Still, in the effort to provide a tiny ray of light to the general idea of the story without sharing any spoiler, writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman came out to discuss several most talked about subjects.
Talking to MTV, the scribblers addressed the new theme for this second "Transformers" film. If the first film puts the focus of the story on a boy and his car, "Revenge of the Fallen" will deal with the responsibilities one is facing when being away from home. "It's about being away from home," explained Orci. "It's a few years later and Sam is going to finally go to college and he's going to face being away from home just as the Autobots are having to deal with being away from Cybertron."
Aside from sharing out the theme, Orci and Kurtzman also make time to dismiss rumors about the appearance of Dinobots in the sequel. Insisting that fans won't see the dinosaur transforming robots, Orci reasoned, "We couldn't quite figure out how to justify a robot that would pretend to be a dinosaur." Further, commenting on the choosing of the title, Orci gushed, "Because 'Transformers 2' sounds stupid."
Set two years after the end of the first hit movie, "Revenge of the Fallen" will see many of its original stars, including Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson and John Turturro, reprising their roles as well as a list of newcomers, such as Isabel Lucas, Rainn Wilson and Matthew Marsden. The DreamWorks' movie is directed by Michael Bay and is set to be released in theaters on June 26, 2009.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris