'Hancock' Helmer Bringing 'Hercules' to Big Screen
Having successfully delivered a slacker superhero "Hancock", filmmaker Peter Berg has been reported to be tackling another superhero flick. Still, unlike in Hancock where he directs a movie featuring a considerably new hero, in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars", he will be making a movie about the legendary Greek hero, Hercules.
Tackling the project which is based on Steve Moore's five-issue comic book series, the helmer of "The Kingdom" will be using the script that is going to be written by Ryan Condal. He will also serve as the film's producer along with Spyglass' Jonathan Glickman, Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber.
On the comic book story, this Hercules is described to be a tormented soul torn between being neither man nor god. Seeking solace for the loss of his family, he plunges himself into one bloody battle after another accompanied by six similar souls. With the reputation of being the greatest army of all time, they are now hired by the King of Thrace to train an army to be as ruthless and blood thirsty as they are known by others.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues