'Hancock' Helmer Bringing 'Hercules' to Big Screen
Having successfully delivered a slacker superhero "Hancock", filmmaker Peter Berg has been reported to be tackling another superhero flick. Still, unlike in Hancock where he directs a movie featuring a considerably new hero, in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars", he will be making a movie about the legendary Greek hero, Hercules.
Tackling the project which is based on Steve Moore's five-issue comic book series, the helmer of "The Kingdom" will be using the script that is going to be written by Ryan Condal. He will also serve as the film's producer along with Spyglass' Jonathan Glickman, Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber.
On the comic book story, this Hercules is described to be a tormented soul torn between being neither man nor god. Seeking solace for the loss of his family, he plunges himself into one bloody battle after another accompanied by six similar souls. With the reputation of being the greatest army of all time, they are now hired by the King of Thrace to train an army to be as ruthless and blood thirsty as they are known by others.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce