'Hancock' Helmer Bringing 'Hercules' to Big Screen
Having successfully delivered a slacker superhero "Hancock", filmmaker Peter Berg has been reported to be tackling another superhero flick. Still, unlike in Hancock where he directs a movie featuring a considerably new hero, in "Hercules: The Thracian Wars", he will be making a movie about the legendary Greek hero, Hercules.
Tackling the project which is based on Steve Moore's five-issue comic book series, the helmer of "The Kingdom" will be using the script that is going to be written by Ryan Condal. He will also serve as the film's producer along with Spyglass' Jonathan Glickman, Roger Birnbaum and Gary Barber.
On the comic book story, this Hercules is described to be a tormented soul torn between being neither man nor god. Seeking solace for the loss of his family, he plunges himself into one bloody battle after another accompanied by six similar souls. With the reputation of being the greatest army of all time, they are now hired by the King of Thrace to train an army to be as ruthless and blood thirsty as they are known by others.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service