D.J. Caruso's 'Y: The Last Man' Most Likely Up for 2010 Release
For quite sometime, many have been enlightened with the reports that Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra's comic book series "Y: The Last Man" will be adapted into a trilogy movie with "Disturbia" director D.J. Caruso to helm. The question left to be answered now is when the first film is actually ready to make its debut in the big screen.
Giving an update about it, Caruso suggested that "Y" is most possibly coming out in 2010. When asked by Superhero Hype about the rumor of the movie being released in summer of 2010, the 43-year-old set the record straight saying, "2010. That's what I've been hearing. Warner Brothers is saying 'we need movies for 2010!' And I say 'we're the movie!' I've got a movie star, I've got a great comic book, whatever."
With that schedule in mind, the man behind the upcoming drama thriller "Eagle Eye" revealed that he is planning on gearing up for the production in October 2008 and starting the filming in January 2009. Providing reassurance on the trilogy part, he further stated, "I see it as a trilogy. I definitely see it as a trilogy."
"I see the first movie ending anywhere basically when you pick up after the incident you're picking up about six weeks later, meeting Yorick six weeks later after the incident and progressing down, I think it's about...only a five or six week journey from that point to the end of the first movie. It's been hard, in a good way, just because there's so much good stuff to choose from, and every time you start throwing certain scenes in the screenplay you'll see that it sort of dislodges and starts to head a different way. "
"Y" follows the story of the last man on Earth. Centering its story on a young amateur escape artist Yorick Brown, the comic book follows his journey to Australia to find his girlfriend after a mysterious plague roamed Earth killing every single Y chromosome mammal leaving Brown and his Capuchin monkey Ampersand to be the only mammal male on the planet. The movie has Shia LaBeouf attached as the leading man.
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money