'Batman Begins' Writer Talks About 'Batman 3' Possibility
"The Dark Knight" has established itself among the box office record maker with its massive $158.4 million opening debut over its first three days weekend screening breaking out previous "Spider-Man 3" record of $151.1 million. Now, the question remaining is whether the sequel to the blockbuster superhero is going to be developed in the future.
With the buzz is still circulating around the stunning success of "Dark Knight", "Batman Begins" screenwriter David Goyer revealed that there has been talks about "Batman 3", though nothing is concrete yet saying, "We've only talked loosely about it, though, Chris and I." Still, providing a contrast statement, he further added, "I do think, though, that if there's not a third film - these two movies stand on their own. I think it could go either way."
Revealing the problem Batman filmmakers have to face for the third film installment, Goyer confessed, "I think that's the scariest thing - to think, could we come up with a third movie that was as good as the first two? Can we top ourselves?" He then stressed on the serious thought that has to be put up for it saying, "Doing it a third time would be a big proposition."
Pairing once again director Christopher Nolan and actor Christian Bale, "The Dark Knight" follows another crusade done by the bat-themed superhero in bringing justice to the Gotham City. Teaming up with Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, his fight against the organized criminals seems to be done soon. But, little that they all know, the psychotic and evil mastermind has chosen its target and he is ready to let out a real terror in Gotham.
Starring also Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal, the sequel to "Batman Begins" has been screened in conventional and IMAX theaters starting on July 18.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked