'Batman Begins' Writer Talks About 'Batman 3' Possibility
"The Dark Knight" has established itself among the box office record maker with its massive $158.4 million opening debut over its first three days weekend screening breaking out previous "Spider-Man 3" record of $151.1 million. Now, the question remaining is whether the sequel to the blockbuster superhero is going to be developed in the future.
With the buzz is still circulating around the stunning success of "Dark Knight", "Batman Begins" screenwriter David Goyer revealed that there has been talks about "Batman 3", though nothing is concrete yet saying, "We've only talked loosely about it, though, Chris and I." Still, providing a contrast statement, he further added, "I do think, though, that if there's not a third film - these two movies stand on their own. I think it could go either way."
Revealing the problem Batman filmmakers have to face for the third film installment, Goyer confessed, "I think that's the scariest thing - to think, could we come up with a third movie that was as good as the first two? Can we top ourselves?" He then stressed on the serious thought that has to be put up for it saying, "Doing it a third time would be a big proposition."
Pairing once again director Christopher Nolan and actor Christian Bale, "The Dark Knight" follows another crusade done by the bat-themed superhero in bringing justice to the Gotham City. Teaming up with Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, his fight against the organized criminals seems to be done soon. But, little that they all know, the psychotic and evil mastermind has chosen its target and he is ready to let out a real terror in Gotham.
Starring also Heath Ledger, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart and Maggie Gyllenhaal, the sequel to "Batman Begins" has been screened in conventional and IMAX theaters starting on July 18.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video