Amy Winehouse's Hubby Sentenced to 27 Months in Jail, Could Be Freed in December
A judge has on Monday, July 21 sentenced Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil to 27 months in jail for assault and obstructing justice. Despite the sentence, he could be out of jail December later this year due to the fact that he already served nine months of his term awaiting trial.
Blake, who admitted to being high on cocaine and alcohol during the incident back in June 2007, sat with three other co-defendants before judge David Radford at Snaresbrook Crown Court in east London as the sentences were read out. Judge David claimed him to have behaved in a "gratuitous, cowardly and disgraceful" way.
Amy, who's been very supportive of Blake during his jail time, was not seen at the court during the proceedings. The latest news of her mentioned that she's planning to take a break from the music industry and will stop touring starting from September, citing health reason.
Her father Mitch confirmed that matter to the press, adding that his singer daughter will still be finishing her scheduled performances first before resting.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers