Amy Winehouse's Hubby Sentenced to 27 Months in Jail, Could Be Freed in December
A judge has on Monday, July 21 sentenced Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil to 27 months in jail for assault and obstructing justice. Despite the sentence, he could be out of jail December later this year due to the fact that he already served nine months of his term awaiting trial.
Blake, who admitted to being high on cocaine and alcohol during the incident back in June 2007, sat with three other co-defendants before judge David Radford at Snaresbrook Crown Court in east London as the sentences were read out. Judge David claimed him to have behaved in a "gratuitous, cowardly and disgraceful" way.
Amy, who's been very supportive of Blake during his jail time, was not seen at the court during the proceedings. The latest news of her mentioned that she's planning to take a break from the music industry and will stop touring starting from September, citing health reason.
Her father Mitch confirmed that matter to the press, adding that his singer daughter will still be finishing her scheduled performances first before resting.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show