'Terminator Salvation' Having Unique Visual Style, Exposed McG
Giving an update to his highly anticipated action sci-fi, "Terminator Salvation" director, McG, has updated his production blog. In it, he discusses how far along the movie has been shot and what his vision is on the fourth tidbit made about the human fight against the artificially intelligent killing machines.
Writing on the blog, the 2000's "Charlie's Angels" director noted that "Terminator Salvation" has undergone half of its principal photography. He also revealed that for this film he wants to create a unique visual style. "From a technical perspective, we have set out to achieve a completely new visual style that hasn't been seen before," so claimed the filmmaker.
"We're shooting the film on color stock but are using a method inspired by the Oz process which was developed at Technicolor by Mike Zacharia and Bob Olson," he further explained about the matter. "Basically we are adding three times as much silver. It creates a surreal texture that is in keeping with the notion of the entire picture - feeling detached from the world we know today."
On the setting of the action flick, he let out, "You will see that this is a movie inspired by the first films, but is a true new beginning in that it takes place in the future. All three Terminator films took place present day, with Terminators traveling back in time to attack. This picture takes place after Judgment Day. It happened. Everything is gone. The story of the movie is the 'brink moment' Reese always talked about."
Set in post-apocalyptic 2018, "Terminator Salvation" centers its story on Marcus Wright, a stranger whose last memory stored is him being on death row. Though much about this character is still being kept under wraps, it is said that him joining John Connor in Connor's resistance against the killing cyborg will unveil the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.
The Warner Bros. Pictures' flick stars Sam Worthington and Christian Bale and is supported by Anton Yelchin, Moon Bloodgood, Common and Bryce Dallas Howard. It will be coming to theaters on May 22, 2009.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage