Pin-Up Portrait of Sally Jupiter in 'Watchmen' Exposed
For those who have viewed the teaser trailer of the upcoming "Watchmen" have surely seen the video displaying the comic book superheroes coming to live through the portrayal done by the cast ensemble. Still, due to the numerous amount of superheroes in the movie, some have only made a brief appearance in the teaser, including Carla Gugino's Sally Jupiter. Yet, now, fans can get a closer look into the character through other method, a pin-up picture.
Sent by illustrator James Jean to AICN, the portrait of the actress as the first Silk Spectre who is also the mother of Laurie Juspeczyk who continues the legacy of the superheroine is done in Alberto Vargas style. It is further explained that this pin-up picture supposedly should be making an appearance in the film because it plays an important role of introducing the particular character. Nevertheless, Jean noted that he is still uncertain whether the portrait will actually pass the cutting board.
Following the story of a group of vigilantes in an alternate 1985 America where costumed superheroes are parts of everyday society, "Watchmen" is an adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' comic book limited series. It tells about an ex-vigilante finding out that behind his former colleague murder, there is a plot to kill and discredit all superheroes. It stars Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup and Matthew Goode.
Directed by Zack Snyder, the Warner Bros. Pictures' film is scripted by David Hayter and Alex Tse. It is set to be released on March 6, 2009.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris