Spider-Man's Tobey Maguire Aboard 'The Crusaders'
Tobey Maguire, the acclaimed Hollywood actor well-known for his portrayal of the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man" franchise is about to depict a real life hero in a latest feature film project. In the latest casting report concerning the 33-year-old, it is reported that he is attached to be playing an American civil right fighter in "The Crusaders".
The notable role he is going to depict this time will be Jack Greenberg, a new law school graduate joining the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to win a Supreme Court case which rules out segregation in American schools. Apart from starring in the movie, the star of "Seabiscuit" will also be serving as the film's executive producer accompanied by Gary Ross who is also attached as director.
Based on Greenberg's memoirs "Crusaders In The Courts", this Universal Pictures' tidbit chronicles the landmark case of 1954 Brown v. Board of Education. It will be scripted by "Recount" writer Danny Strong and produced by Bob Cooper.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings