Spider-Man's Tobey Maguire Aboard 'The Crusaders'
Tobey Maguire, the acclaimed Hollywood actor well-known for his portrayal of the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man" franchise is about to depict a real life hero in a latest feature film project. In the latest casting report concerning the 33-year-old, it is reported that he is attached to be playing an American civil right fighter in "The Crusaders".
The notable role he is going to depict this time will be Jack Greenberg, a new law school graduate joining the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to win a Supreme Court case which rules out segregation in American schools. Apart from starring in the movie, the star of "Seabiscuit" will also be serving as the film's executive producer accompanied by Gary Ross who is also attached as director.
Based on Greenberg's memoirs "Crusaders In The Courts", this Universal Pictures' tidbit chronicles the landmark case of 1954 Brown v. Board of Education. It will be scripted by "Recount" writer Danny Strong and produced by Bob Cooper.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture