Spider-Man's Tobey Maguire Aboard 'The Crusaders'
Tobey Maguire, the acclaimed Hollywood actor well-known for his portrayal of the web-slinging superhero in "Spider-Man" franchise is about to depict a real life hero in a latest feature film project. In the latest casting report concerning the 33-year-old, it is reported that he is attached to be playing an American civil right fighter in "The Crusaders".
The notable role he is going to depict this time will be Jack Greenberg, a new law school graduate joining the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund to win a Supreme Court case which rules out segregation in American schools. Apart from starring in the movie, the star of "Seabiscuit" will also be serving as the film's executive producer accompanied by Gary Ross who is also attached as director.
Based on Greenberg's memoirs "Crusaders In The Courts", this Universal Pictures' tidbit chronicles the landmark case of 1954 Brown v. Board of Education. It will be scripted by "Recount" writer Danny Strong and produced by Bob Cooper.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors