'Scream 4' Far From Big Screen Fruition
Words circulating in the media recently suggest that the horror thriller franchise "Scream" will re-scare moviegoers once again with the bringing up of the fourth film to the big screen. However, with the last film "Scream 3" in almost eight years apart from this new one, the question about how far really is "Scream 4" in taking its feature film shape arises.
Reporting for the matter, Movie Hole noted that the fourth installment of "Scream" franchise is no more than a mere idea. Apparently, the site gets an inside story from their source who stated that, "[The Weinstein's] might be taking a look at scripts, and talking about a possible Scream 4, but there is nothing in the works more so than there was 8 years ago."
Explaining further on the hold-up, the source revealed that the movie may not even be done if its star Neve Campbell won't commit to it. "Basically the studio, Bob, Harvey, and Kevin [Williamson] all want to do a 4th film but Neve [Campbell] herself is the holdout," the site quoted the unnamed source. "They feel there is no franchise without her and that they will wait for her to come around."
"Scream" films are a series of horror film trilogy directed by Wes Craven and written by Kevin Williamson. The first film was released in 1996, while the last hit the theaters in 2000. It chronicles the murders of a number of people by a psychopathic serial killer wearing a Halloween costume. Starring Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette, all three movies have in total collected as much as $507.2 million.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones