Jessica Simpson Gets Booed at Her First Country Gig
It seems that Jessica Simpson's country debut is not going as smooth as she would've wanted after the latest reports stated that the singer was booed and heckled by fans on her first gig as country singer. Jessica who played as the opening act for country star Sara Evans at the Country Thunder Festival in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, on Saturday July 19, failed to impress some of the crowd who greeted her with cheers and boos instead of praises.
Knowing all the fans attention on her, Jessica tried to calm things down before performing by saying, "I don't know what your perception is of Jessica Simpson or what tabloid you buy, but I just want you to know that I'm just a girl from Texas." She then also added, "I'm just like you. I'm doing what I love and dating a boy."
Unfortunately, those words still fail to calm down all of the haters who kept on questioning her quality and ability in singing country. One fan Mike Rodriguez, spoke after the concert, "She doesn't fit in with country, and I'll have to drink a lot of beer to sit through her concert." Not only that, another audience Zach Schlodt has an even harsher words for Jessica saying, "She's an embarrassment to country music."
Previously, the singer has already marked her country music debut by releasing her upcoming country album's first single "Come On Over", on May 27. Meanwhile, her new LP titled "Do You Know" is scheduled to hit the stores on September 9.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics