CW Confirmed Shannen Doherty's Return to 'Beverly Hills, 90210' Spin-Off
Brenda Walsh is back on the block. Shannen Doherty is returning to the highly anticipated "Beverly Hills, 90210" spin-off. CW network confirmed her return to the upcoming series Saturday, July 19.
"Shannen Doherty will be returning to 90210," Gabe Sachs, executive producer of the CW's new spin-off, said during the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills. The actress' representative has also confirmed that matter, telling People magazine "Shannen is looking forward to returning to 90210."
The new show will witness Shannen reprising her famous character Brenda Walsh who's tapped to become a guest drama teacher who directs a musical at West Beverly High School. She's the next addition to the already-signed cast, including Jennie Garth who has signed on to reprise her role as Kelly Taylor, a guidance counselor at her alma mater, West Beverly Hills High.
Fellow actress Tori Spelling who also plans a comeback to the spin-off claimed Shannen's return to the new series as 'amazing.' "That's probably the best news the fans could ever get," so she said during the Much Love Animal Rescue's Bow Wow Wow event Saturday, July 19. "All the girls on the show will be psyched!"
The new "Beverly Hills, 90210" meanwhile is slated for a September 2 premiere.
More Shannen Doherty News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri