Rapper DMX Arrested at Phoenix Mall for Felony Identity Theft
It appears that DMX can never have enough of being jailed. The rap star and actor was busted yet again. He was arrested at a mall in Phoenix on Saturday, July 19 for allegedly giving a false name and Social Security number to a hospital so he could escape paying for medical expenses.
DMX, whose real name is Earl Simmons, was hanging out with some of his friends at Phoenix's Metrocenter mall when the arrest took place. Per Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, DMX checked into Scottsdale's Mayo Clinic back in April, seeking treatment for a bout of pneumonia. Instead of using his real name, he went by the name "Troy Jones" and failed to pay a $7,500 bill.
Police began investigating the charge only after an animal neglect investigation last year at the rapper's north Phoenix home. They ran his name, found the warrant, and arrested him on the spot.
The Saturday arrest was DMX's fifth in the past three months. He was last arrested on July 2 in Arizona on bond violation and outstanding warrants.
"He's back in jail again," Arpaio said. "I don't know why judges keep letting this guy out. Every time he goes in there, he gets out on bond. I'm hoping this is the one time he's going to pay the penalty for his offense."
No bond has been set for DMX's Saturday arrest as of press time and officials said he will likely be isolated for safety purposes should he remain in jail.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift