Metallica Unveil 'Death Magnetic' Cover
Metallica's preparation to drop their new record "Death Magnetic" is getting to its final stage with the official release of their new album's cover. The cover art for the upcoming album was revealed by the rockers on July 17.
The image of the cover seems set to support the album's title as it shows the picture of a coffin surrounded by what looks to be a magnetic fields. The picture is placed on a white background with the Metallica logo alongside the LP's title being put right under the coffin.
The band's new record itself hasn't had an exact release date yet although it has been confirmed that it will be spawned in September. Moreover, at the same time as the album's release, the rockers have also confirmed that they will also make the songs from "Death Magnetic" available for download via music game "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock".
Meanwhile, recently at an interview the rock act vocalist/guitarist James Hetfield revealed the reason the band named their album "Death Magnetic" saying, "The title, to me, it's... It had something to do with... It started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, some people are drawn towards it, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away."
More Metallica News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation