Video Premiere: Alicia Keys' 'Superwoman'
The new music video for Alicia Keys' latest single "Superwoman" has been premiered on July 15 via her official website. The new clip was directed by Chris Robinson and shot in L.A. on June 9 and 10.
The scene on the video starts with Alicia singing and playing the piano in a dark room. After that the clip moves on and sees the singer playing many different roles as an astronaut, businesswoman and even pharaoh. The idea of the video is to give a dedication to all the women in the world for their strength and effort.
Previously in an interview, Alicia has revealed the details of the new song saying, "The beauty of 'Superwoman' is that it's not about being all-powerful and ... being perfect, 'cause no one is. It's about perfection in our weaknesses and perfection in our imperfection, that we can still keep going and we can still learn and still remain strong. Even when we're feeling weak, we can still be superwomen-- and supermen."
The singer's new single is being set as the fourth and also the final one outed from her latest record "As I Am". Alicia also stated that "Superwoman" is her favorite track from all of the songs on her latest LP saying, "Every time I sing it, it makes me feel inspired to be however I am that day."
Alicia Keys' "Superwoman" Video Premiere:
More Alicia Keys News
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series