Video Premiere: Alicia Keys' 'Superwoman'
The new music video for Alicia Keys' latest single "Superwoman" has been premiered on July 15 via her official website. The new clip was directed by Chris Robinson and shot in L.A. on June 9 and 10.
The scene on the video starts with Alicia singing and playing the piano in a dark room. After that the clip moves on and sees the singer playing many different roles as an astronaut, businesswoman and even pharaoh. The idea of the video is to give a dedication to all the women in the world for their strength and effort.
Previously in an interview, Alicia has revealed the details of the new song saying, "The beauty of 'Superwoman' is that it's not about being all-powerful and ... being perfect, 'cause no one is. It's about perfection in our weaknesses and perfection in our imperfection, that we can still keep going and we can still learn and still remain strong. Even when we're feeling weak, we can still be superwomen-- and supermen."
The singer's new single is being set as the fourth and also the final one outed from her latest record "As I Am". Alicia also stated that "Superwoman" is her favorite track from all of the songs on her latest LP saying, "Every time I sing it, it makes me feel inspired to be however I am that day."
Alicia Keys' "Superwoman" Video Premiere:
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic