'Tropic Thunder' Comes Out Earlier
It seems that the success of "Hancock" in collecting big from its long weekend opening has inspired Ben Stiller's upcoming comedy "Tropic Thunder" to make a modest change in its release date. Originally slated to be screened in theaters on August 15, the DreamWorks Pictures' tidbit has been pushed forward for August 13 release.
With its new schedule, "Thunder" will have a head start from its competitors, Alexandre Aja's horror remake "Mirrors" and the Warner Bros. Pictures' CGI animation "Star Wars: The Clone Wars". The new slate also puts this comedy movie to face off "Pineapple Express" earlier since "Express" will be released five days before on August 8.
On other report on the release date changes, it is reported that the 20th Century Fox's "The Rocker" has been pushed three weeks back from its original schedule on July 30. The Rainn Wilson and Christina Applegate-starrer comedy is now slated for August 20 release.
Regarding "Thunder", the comedy movie from Stiller follows a bunch of actors filming for Vietnam War movie. Still, little that they know, they are about to be involved in a real war. Aside from Stiller, the movie also stars Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Nick Nolte, Brandon Jackson, Steve Coogan and Danny McBride among others.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show