Teasing Details of 'Transformers 2' Leaked Out
The production of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" has been halted due to the anticipation of the possible SAG strike, but it apparently doesn't stop reports about the sequel to third-highest-grossing film of 2007 from making its way out. Recently, the sequel's newcomer, Matthew Marsden, came out to discuss bits of what he has shot for the tidbit.
Revealing that his character will share screen with Tyrese Gibson's, the 35-year-old explained to MTV that his character would be a British Special Forces officer joining the Lennox's team and he will be dealing with the baddies. "I'm part of a multi-national force," he gushed. "What's going on right now is I'm a British Special Forces officer that's attached to Lennox's team. Well, there's two of us initially. And we're battling the bad guys."
Noting that the battle will begin straight from the beginning, the Captain Alexander Slater's depicter in "Resident Evil: Extinction" confessed that the filming at the Bethlehem Steel Plant involved a combat against a Decepticon. "We went to Pennsylvania and shot at the Bethlehem Steel Plant, which was really amazing," he said. "We had this scene where it's, like, 'That's where he is!' and you have to shoot at him. 'He's going that way!' It's quite a far distance away, so we had to use a laser pointer [to stand in for the robot]. It's all fun; I love that stuff. There are bad guys there and we have to go and get them."
Insisting that the movie will have a lot of action sequences, especially for the military unit, Marsden assured that there will be plenty of new robots to be seen. The actor of "DOA: Dead or Alive" stated, "They're going to be bringing more Transformers in. And there's definitely [some] in the scene that we do, different Transformers, so fans should be very excited."
"Revenge of the Fallen" will continue the story of a battle between the two clashing robot clans, Autobot and Decepticon, on Earth. The follow-up film will see its original stars, like Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and John Turturro, coming back to reprise their roles. Directed by renowned filmmakers Michael Bay, it is slated for June 26, 2009 release.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie