Kate Hudson Joins Nicole Kidman in 'Nine'
Having been starring in mostly romantic comedy movies, the Academy Award-nominated actress, Kate Hudson, is going to be seen in Rob Marshall's latest musical drama. On Monday, July 14, the Weinstein Company have announced that the 29-year-old has been signed to join to the star-studded cast of "Nine".
Lined-up among other A-list actresses, including Nicole Kidman, Marion Cotillard, Judi Dench, Sophia Loren and Penelope Cruz, Hudson has won the part of Stephanie, a Vogue fashion magazine reporter assigned to work in Italy. For the role, the two-time Matthew McConaughey's co-star has reportedly beaten out strong competitors, Sienna Miller and Anne Hathaway.
In the movie that requires singing and dancing skills, the former wife of The Black Crowes's Chris Robinson will be having her own musical number with an original song entitled "Cinema Italiano". Noting that Hudson is the perfect choice for the role, director Rob Marshall claimed, "It's wonderful having Kate join this extraordinary cast! Her revelatory skills as a singer and a dancer lead to the creation of the role of 'Stephanie,' a fashion reporter from Vogue working in Italy. An exciting new song, written by our composer Maury Yeston, has been added for her as well."
"Nine" is a feature film adaptation of a Broadway musical of the same name. The story chronicles the life of famous film director Guido Contini. It will follow him as he deals with his creative and personal crisis, while balancing the numerous women in his life, including his wife, his mistress, his film-star muse, his agent and his mother.
Furthermore, it is said that Academy Award-winner Daniel Day-Lewis is in talks for the main character. The movie is expected to be finished before its theatrical release on December 11, 2009.
More Nine News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show