Video Premiere: Keri Hilson's 'Energy'
Singer/songwriter Keri Hilson is gearing to embark in the music scene by preparing to release her debut album, "In a Perfect World..." on September 23. In a bid to promote her new LP, the singer has premiered the music video for her first single "Energy" on July 14 via MTV.
The new clip that was directed by renown director Melina sees Keri playing a role as a female boxer and also tells about her love relationship with her trainer that didn't go out well. Beside that, the new video also features footages of the singer's hard training and her boxing match which she won.
The song was co-written by Keri and The-Dream and it actually wasn't being set as the lead single for the new album. At first another track, "Return the Favor" was the one that is planned to be the album's first single but the singer/songwriter decided to pick "Energy" instead.
Moreover, beside working with The-Dream, on her debut album Keri is also being assisted by other famous names in the music scene, such as Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Revealing about the purpose she intended for her new LP, she said in a statement, "It's my way of saying nothing in the world is perfect and no person in it is, either. I didn't want to do an album that painted myself as perfect because no matter how things look, no one is."
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park