Video Premiere: Keri Hilson's 'Energy'
Singer/songwriter Keri Hilson is gearing to embark in the music scene by preparing to release her debut album, "In a Perfect World..." on September 23. In a bid to promote her new LP, the singer has premiered the music video for her first single "Energy" on July 14 via MTV.
The new clip that was directed by renown director Melina sees Keri playing a role as a female boxer and also tells about her love relationship with her trainer that didn't go out well. Beside that, the new video also features footages of the singer's hard training and her boxing match which she won.
The song was co-written by Keri and The-Dream and it actually wasn't being set as the lead single for the new album. At first another track, "Return the Favor" was the one that is planned to be the album's first single but the singer/songwriter decided to pick "Energy" instead.
Moreover, beside working with The-Dream, on her debut album Keri is also being assisted by other famous names in the music scene, such as Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Revealing about the purpose she intended for her new LP, she said in a statement, "It's my way of saying nothing in the world is perfect and no person in it is, either. I didn't want to do an album that painted myself as perfect because no matter how things look, no one is."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?