Video Premiere: Keri Hilson's 'Energy'
Singer/songwriter Keri Hilson is gearing to embark in the music scene by preparing to release her debut album, "In a Perfect World..." on September 23. In a bid to promote her new LP, the singer has premiered the music video for her first single "Energy" on July 14 via MTV.
The new clip that was directed by renown director Melina sees Keri playing a role as a female boxer and also tells about her love relationship with her trainer that didn't go out well. Beside that, the new video also features footages of the singer's hard training and her boxing match which she won.
The song was co-written by Keri and The-Dream and it actually wasn't being set as the lead single for the new album. At first another track, "Return the Favor" was the one that is planned to be the album's first single but the singer/songwriter decided to pick "Energy" instead.
Moreover, beside working with The-Dream, on her debut album Keri is also being assisted by other famous names in the music scene, such as Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Revealing about the purpose she intended for her new LP, she said in a statement, "It's my way of saying nothing in the world is perfect and no person in it is, either. I didn't want to do an album that painted myself as perfect because no matter how things look, no one is."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance