Video Premiere: Keri Hilson's 'Energy'
Singer/songwriter Keri Hilson is gearing to embark in the music scene by preparing to release her debut album, "In a Perfect World..." on September 23. In a bid to promote her new LP, the singer has premiered the music video for her first single "Energy" on July 14 via MTV.
The new clip that was directed by renown director Melina sees Keri playing a role as a female boxer and also tells about her love relationship with her trainer that didn't go out well. Beside that, the new video also features footages of the singer's hard training and her boxing match which she won.
The song was co-written by Keri and The-Dream and it actually wasn't being set as the lead single for the new album. At first another track, "Return the Favor" was the one that is planned to be the album's first single but the singer/songwriter decided to pick "Energy" instead.
Moreover, beside working with The-Dream, on her debut album Keri is also being assisted by other famous names in the music scene, such as Justin Timberlake and Timbaland. Revealing about the purpose she intended for her new LP, she said in a statement, "It's my way of saying nothing in the world is perfect and no person in it is, either. I didn't want to do an album that painted myself as perfect because no matter how things look, no one is."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'