Amy Winehouse Stops Performing in September
Having just staging her come back by doing some live performances this past weekends, it looks like Amy Winehouse is heading for another time off from the music scene. The news arrives from Amy's father, Mitch who stated that her daughter will stop touring starting from September.
Revealing about Amy's plan to rest from the music scene once again, Mitch said, "From September we're not going to be doing any more work. We want her to relax." But he also confirmed that she will be finishing her scheduled performances first before resting saying, "Amy has five gigs that she is contractually obliged to do between now and then."
Mitch also stated that the reason she wanted Amy to rest because he is concerned about her health. "My biggest fear is she will die - and she won't die from an overdose, she will die from emphysema. We would be talking about a very slow and painful death, gasping for air," Mick said.
Amy herself has just started her come back to the music scene after recent health problems. After being released from hospital on June 23, the singer staged her first gig at the Nelson Mandela's birthday concert held on June 27 in Hyde Park, London. Meanwhile, the troubled singer's latest gig was at the Oxegen Festival in Dublin on July 12.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington