Amy Winehouse Stops Performing in September
Having just staging her come back by doing some live performances this past weekends, it looks like Amy Winehouse is heading for another time off from the music scene. The news arrives from Amy's father, Mitch who stated that her daughter will stop touring starting from September.
Revealing about Amy's plan to rest from the music scene once again, Mitch said, "From September we're not going to be doing any more work. We want her to relax." But he also confirmed that she will be finishing her scheduled performances first before resting saying, "Amy has five gigs that she is contractually obliged to do between now and then."
Mitch also stated that the reason she wanted Amy to rest because he is concerned about her health. "My biggest fear is she will die - and she won't die from an overdose, she will die from emphysema. We would be talking about a very slow and painful death, gasping for air," Mick said.
Amy herself has just started her come back to the music scene after recent health problems. After being released from hospital on June 23, the singer staged her first gig at the Nelson Mandela's birthday concert held on June 27 in Hyde Park, London. Meanwhile, the troubled singer's latest gig was at the Oxegen Festival in Dublin on July 12.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group