Artist of the Week: Delta Goodrem
From the shy girl in "Neighbors" to the prominent singer doing Australian proud, Delta Goodrem is on the verge of conquering the American market with her new CD "Delta". The new album which will be released on July 15 marks her first venture to the States after performing rather well in her home country. Her single "In This Life" debuted at #1 on Australian chart making it her eighth number-one single and giving her a position behind Kylie Minogue and Madonna as female artist with most #1 singles.
Taking turns from her battle with cancer in 2003, "Delta" displays a rather lighter record compared to her second effort "Mistaken Identity". "A lot of the words from the songs can be quite deep, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are always about my life," she said. "There are songs on this album which have nothing to do with my own personal experience of events, but which are still honest and emotional, and which tell a great story. A lot of people read into my lyrics and think they know me completely from them, but I'm not always as transparent as people might think."
"Delta" features productions by Brian McFadden, ex-Westlife member who is also her fiance, John Shanks, Stuart Crichton, Steve Mac and many others. On top of that, the album literally is a projection of mind coming from the genius talent of Delta herself. "I know what I want from my music in the studio, and I'm not afraid to stand my ground with whoever I'm working with," she added. "Every song has to seed from me - the actual seed from where the plant grows has to come from me and my heart, and that's when it it's the most honest representation of me."
Beside muddling in her music world, Delta has fronted Alternative Hair, the U.K. hairdressing industry's top fundraising event in aid of cancer charity Leukaemia Research and also been actively funding several cancer research. Her philanthropist work is topped with a membership of Recording Artists, Actors And Athletes Against Drunk Driving.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle