Angelina Jolie Gave Birth to a Boy, Knox Leon, and a Girl, Vivienne Marcheline
The long wait is over, finally. The long awaited twins of Hollywood power couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have been delivered. The movie actress gave birth to a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, by caesarean section at about 6 P.M. on Saturday night, July 12.
Confirming the news to People, the Fondation Lenval hospital in Nice, France, where Jolie gave birth claimed that baby boy Leon weighed 5.03 lbs at time of birth, whereas Vivienne weighed 5 lbs. Both of them were born one minute apart.
Dr. Michel Sussmann who performed the caesarean section on Jolie told the Associated Press that the caesarean was moved forward from its initial schedule, which according to reports was due on Tuesday, July 15, "for medical reasons" so that the babies could be born "in the best conditions." Declined to elaborate on that matter, he yet confirmed that Jolie is expected to stay in the hospital for a few more days.
"She will stay for a few days. You know, in Europe it isn't like in the United States, where the patients go home after three days. They will stay a bit longer until everything is okay," Sussmann explained.
He continued saying, "The babies are doing well. The operation went just perfectly. Angelina is in very good spirits. Brad Pitt was at her side. He was there and all was well," adding that "The mother and father are very, very happy."
As for Jolie and Pitt, they have yet issued a single comment about the birth of their twins, Leon and Vivienne, both of whom are additions to their expanding brood; Pax, Maddox, Zahara, and biological daughter Shiloh.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series