Maroon 5 to Make Third LP More Natural
Having just released their re-issued album "It Won't Be Soon Before Long [Deluxe Edition]" on July 8, funk rock act Maroon 5 already have an idea for their new LP. Speaking to Digital Spy.co.uk, the band's guitarist, James Valentine revealed that for their third studio record, the band will try to make it sound more natural than "It Won't Be Soon Before Long".
Speaking about his band's plan for their upcoming album James said, "We'd like it to be more organic than our last record." Moreover, he also added, "'It Won't Be Soon Before Long' was very slick and that was fun, but I think with the next one we'll take a more natural approach."
Not only talking about their upcoming record, on the interview James also shouted out his praise over Rihanna, who recently teamed up with Maroon on a song "If I Never See Your Face Again". "[Rihanna was] great in the studio. It's amazing to hear her voice on the microphone untreated and stuff. It's electric. Down-to-earth is a good way to describe her. In the studio she was really nice to everyone and joked a lot. It was a really good time and I'd love to work with her again," James said.
Another subject that James revealed to Digital Spy on the interview is about his group's future. The guitarist stated that he is worried that their popularity won't last that long saying, "I always worry about getting too attached to the success that we've had and the lifestyle that we've had But you know it is going to go away and it is probably going to decline. Maybe we've got a couple more records in us, but who knows?"
Beside that, James also believes that his band won't still be playing when they are already on their 50s and 60s saying, "No, I really don't see that happening. I don't think this band will hold interest for long enough to allow us to do that."
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection