Snoop Dogg Featured on Johnny Cash's Tribute Album
Controversial rapper Snoop Dogg proves that he really is keen on country music. After releasing a country vibe single titled "My Medicine", the rapper gets involved in another country project by lining up as one of the musicians that will appear on Johnny Cash's tribute album titled "Johnny Cash Remixed".
On the upcoming record Snoop will perform his own version of the country legend's track "I Walk the Line". Revealing about his reason to be involved on the upcoming LP's project, the controversial rapper stated, "Johnny Cash is the one who stood out to me. I love his style, his swag, the songs he made." Speaking about what he thinks of country music, he said, "If you take your time to listen to it, country music is very similar to rap."
Meanwhile, commenting about the new project which is set to be outed on October 14, Johnny's son John Carter Cash said that his father would enjoy the tribute album. "He set the standard at the same time.He would have loved this remix record. would have loved this remix record", John explained. "While it stays true to the original recordings, this CD touches on undiscovered ground. This is what my father was about: staying true to tradition while creating groundbreaking new music."
On the remix song, Snoop is not working alone as he has also being supported with his production team QDT. The team itself was recently formed by the rapper and it consists of Teddy Riley and DJ Quik.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March