Snoop Dogg Featured on Johnny Cash's Tribute Album
Controversial rapper Snoop Dogg proves that he really is keen on country music. After releasing a country vibe single titled "My Medicine", the rapper gets involved in another country project by lining up as one of the musicians that will appear on Johnny Cash's tribute album titled "Johnny Cash Remixed".
On the upcoming record Snoop will perform his own version of the country legend's track "I Walk the Line". Revealing about his reason to be involved on the upcoming LP's project, the controversial rapper stated, "Johnny Cash is the one who stood out to me. I love his style, his swag, the songs he made." Speaking about what he thinks of country music, he said, "If you take your time to listen to it, country music is very similar to rap."
Meanwhile, commenting about the new project which is set to be outed on October 14, Johnny's son John Carter Cash said that his father would enjoy the tribute album. "He set the standard at the same time.He would have loved this remix record. would have loved this remix record", John explained. "While it stays true to the original recordings, this CD touches on undiscovered ground. This is what my father was about: staying true to tradition while creating groundbreaking new music."
On the remix song, Snoop is not working alone as he has also being supported with his production team QDT. The team itself was recently formed by the rapper and it consists of Teddy Riley and DJ Quik.
More Snoop Dogg News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'