'Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor' Facing Censor Problem in China
Less than a month away from its worldwide release, the upcoming action horror movie "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" has been hit with an unpleasant news. The Brendan Fraser-starrer movie is said to be on the brink of having to make some changes on its final cut before being theatrically released in China.
Report from Daily Variety noted that China's censors have sent request asking the people behind the movie to do certain changes on the tidbit before they give green light for its theatrical release in the country. Hence, up to date, the Rob Cohen-directed movie has yet to have exact release date for China. Shock Till You Drop further suggested that the possible reason on the problem arises from the fact that China has just released the banning video and audio containing ghosts, monsters and other things related to horror materials.
Despite the request, Universal Pictures is said to be confident that they will be able to negotiate the censorship without posting more trouble for "Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". "Universal does not anticipate any obstacles to clearing the film for China and looks forward to releasing 'The Mummy: Tomb of The Dragon Emperor' in the country where it was set and shot," so claimed the studio's spokesman.
"Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" follows Fraser as daring explorer Rick O'Connell in his adventure to stop another evil mummy from taking over the world domination. In this movie, O'Connell will team up with his son, wife and brother-in-law to bring down resurrected Han emperor from materializing his life-long dream of conquering the world. Featuring also Maria Bello, Jet Li, Luke Ford and Michelle Yeoh, the Universal's film is coming out in the U.S. on August 1.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding