Director Louis Leterrier on 'Superman 2' Rumor
Recently, "The Incredible Hulk" helmer Louis Leterrier has added fuel to the rumor that Warner Bros. Pictures want to replace director Bryan Singer from "Superman: The Man of Steel" igniting speculation that he has been approached by the studio to tackle the project. But, before the words can sink in, he quickly offers denial on the subject.
Correcting the inaccurate interpretation of his earlier remark, the French director stated that what he mentioned previously did not mean that he has been offered the helmer role by the studio. He insisted that he was merely informed that the studio may plan on re-inventing the superhero. Quoted by AICN, Leterrier wrote in an e-mail, "What I meant was that I had been told about a possible reinvention of Superman. Not that I was offered the job."
The speculation of him being approached by Warner Bros. to do the directing job sparked following the outing of his Q&A session with AlloCine. On the interview, the man behind "The Transporter" and "The Transporter 2" reportedly let slip on the possible matter saying, "Maybe they have already asked me to direct the new Superman movie."
Meanwhile, on the latest news regarding his recently released movie "Incredible Hulk", it is said that the blockbuster movie may not get a sequel treatment. Allegedly, the blame should be put on the fact that it could not outperform Ang Lee's 2003 "Hulk" which has been considered to be a box office flop.
Up until its fourth weeks screening, the Edward Norton-starring movie managed to collect nearly $127 million domestically leaving it most likely to gross merely $135 million nationwide by the end of its theatrical viewing period. With the estimated final tally, the new Hulk tidbit won't be so far apart from its predecessor which raked in $132.2 million from its North American sales.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off