December 08, 2016  

Director Louis Leterrier on 'Superman 2' Rumor

July 11, 2008 (4:29 am) GMT
Creating a buzz over him being approached by Warner Bros to direct 'Superman: The Man of Steel', the director of 'The Incredible Hulk' gave out clarification.

Recently, "" helmer Louis Leterrier has added fuel to the rumor that Warner Bros. Pictures want to replace director Bryan Singer from "Superman: The Man of Steel" igniting speculation that he has been approached by the studio to tackle the project. But, before the words can sink in, he quickly offers denial on the subject.

Correcting the inaccurate interpretation of his earlier remark, the French director stated that what he mentioned previously did not mean that he has been offered the helmer role by the studio. He insisted that he was merely informed that the studio may plan on re-inventing the superhero. Quoted by AICN, Leterrier wrote in an e-mail, "What I meant was that I had been told about a possible reinvention of Superman. Not that I was offered the job."

The speculation of him being approached by Warner Bros. to do the directing job sparked following the outing of his Q&A session with AlloCine. On the interview, the man behind "The Transporter" and "" reportedly let slip on the possible matter saying, "Maybe they have already asked me to direct the new Superman movie."

Meanwhile, on the latest news regarding his recently released movie "Incredible Hulk", it is said that the blockbuster movie may not get a sequel treatment. Allegedly, the blame should be put on the fact that it could not outperform Ang Lee's 2003 "" which has been considered to be a box office flop.

Up until its fourth weeks screening, the -starring movie managed to collect nearly $127 million domestically leaving it most likely to gross merely $135 million nationwide by the end of its theatrical viewing period. With the estimated final tally, the new Hulk tidbit won't be so far apart from its predecessor which raked in $132.2 million from its North American sales.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
  2. Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
  3. Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
  4. George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
  5. Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
  6. Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
  7. NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
  8. Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'