Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher Put Wedding Plans on Hold Over Religious Issues
They have had one daughter together and initially planned to walk down the aisle summer later this year. It was an unfortunate though that Sacha Baron Cohen and his baby's mother Isla Fisher have been forced to postpone their wedding plans over religious issues.
The delay, according to reports, is triggered by the fact that Isla has found it hard to convert to Cohen's faith of Judaism, which is applied strictly in the actor's family. A source close to the couple revealed, "Isla was supposed to spend her time after giving birth hard at work on her Torah studies, and that's gone far slower than expected."
The source continued saying, "It's very much frustrated her future in-laws, especially Sacha's parents, who were really hoping for a wedding this summer," adding that "Right now there's no wedding date set because Isla hasn't fully converted yet, and even though she's working at it part-time, she's far from being close to complete with her studies."
Isla, in the meantime, is hard at work filming her upcoming big screen project "Confessions of a Shopaholic," due February out next year. It's her hectic filming schedule that makes her feeling difficult to get along with Cohen's mother who wants her "to spend more time with the baby and their family in England instead of being hasty and returning to work so quickly."
Cohen hence takes the role of a peacemaker between Isla and his mother. Still according to the source, Cohen "is not as worried about the relationship between his parents and Isla as everyone else is because he's extremely devoted to her and their child. He also believes that putting too much pressure on Isla is only going to make the wedding happen later rather than sooner. He is happy taking his time to get married the same way he was happy having a long engagement."
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos