Skechers Signs American Idol David Cook as Its New Spokesmodel
David Cook is cashing in on his new predicate as an American Idol by signing an endorsement deal with shoe giant Skechers. He, thus, will be featured in several print promotional campaigns for the line through December 2009.
Announcing their partnership Wednesday, July 9, Skechers confirmed they will use Cook's image to advertise its line of casual footwear, including the new styles which according to the company "will reflect his personality, interests and appeal." Cook will begin appearing in a fall campaign to coincide with the release of his first post-Idol album on 19 Recordings/RCA Records and the continuing of American Idols Live! Tour 2008.
Cook's Skechers campaign will include print, outdoor and in-store. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Cook himself, in the meantime, commented "I have always viewed Skechers as a cool company, so I am excited to be a part of their campaign."
His endorsement deal with Skechers sees Cook following in the footstep of such famous celebs, as fellow Idol champion Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, all of whom have lent their famous faces to endorse the shoe line.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up