Skechers Signs American Idol David Cook as Its New Spokesmodel
David Cook is cashing in on his new predicate as an American Idol by signing an endorsement deal with shoe giant Skechers. He, thus, will be featured in several print promotional campaigns for the line through December 2009.
Announcing their partnership Wednesday, July 9, Skechers confirmed they will use Cook's image to advertise its line of casual footwear, including the new styles which according to the company "will reflect his personality, interests and appeal." Cook will begin appearing in a fall campaign to coincide with the release of his first post-Idol album on 19 Recordings/RCA Records and the continuing of American Idols Live! Tour 2008.
Cook's Skechers campaign will include print, outdoor and in-store. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Cook himself, in the meantime, commented "I have always viewed Skechers as a cool company, so I am excited to be a part of their campaign."
His endorsement deal with Skechers sees Cook following in the footstep of such famous celebs, as fellow Idol champion Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, all of whom have lent their famous faces to endorse the shoe line.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower