Skechers Signs American Idol David Cook as Its New Spokesmodel
David Cook is cashing in on his new predicate as an American Idol by signing an endorsement deal with shoe giant Skechers. He, thus, will be featured in several print promotional campaigns for the line through December 2009.
Announcing their partnership Wednesday, July 9, Skechers confirmed they will use Cook's image to advertise its line of casual footwear, including the new styles which according to the company "will reflect his personality, interests and appeal." Cook will begin appearing in a fall campaign to coincide with the release of his first post-Idol album on 19 Recordings/RCA Records and the continuing of American Idols Live! Tour 2008.
Cook's Skechers campaign will include print, outdoor and in-store. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Cook himself, in the meantime, commented "I have always viewed Skechers as a cool company, so I am excited to be a part of their campaign."
His endorsement deal with Skechers sees Cook following in the footstep of such famous celebs, as fellow Idol champion Carrie Underwood, Ashlee Simpson, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, all of whom have lent their famous faces to endorse the shoe line.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test