Video Premiere: Bloc Party's 'Mercury'
Having yet confirming any details about their new album, Indie rock band Bloc Party already premiered the music video for their first single "Mercury". The clip was streamed on their official website at the same day as they perform their single for the first time on Radio 1 on July 7.
The new clip had a very weird plot as it pictures humans in animal heads like monkey and bull. It seems that the story tells about some monkey scientists that are creating a new species (a man body with a bull head) who finally becomes a president.
The band themselves have also confirmed that they will release the new single in the format of CD and digital download on August 11. "Mercury" itself was written by the band and was produced by Jacknife Lee and Paul Epworth.
Although already spawning a new single, the band until this date haven't revealed any details yet about their new studio album's title and release date. To the press the rockers only stated that they are still working on the new record saying, "I think we're making the record I always wanted us to make. We're kind of just in the middle of it, we're still writing songs and mixing stuff."
Bloc Party's "Mercury" Video Premiere:
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert