Video Premiere: Bloc Party's 'Mercury'
Having yet confirming any details about their new album, Indie rock band Bloc Party already premiered the music video for their first single "Mercury". The clip was streamed on their official website at the same day as they perform their single for the first time on Radio 1 on July 7.
The new clip had a very weird plot as it pictures humans in animal heads like monkey and bull. It seems that the story tells about some monkey scientists that are creating a new species (a man body with a bull head) who finally becomes a president.
The band themselves have also confirmed that they will release the new single in the format of CD and digital download on August 11. "Mercury" itself was written by the band and was produced by Jacknife Lee and Paul Epworth.
Although already spawning a new single, the band until this date haven't revealed any details yet about their new studio album's title and release date. To the press the rockers only stated that they are still working on the new record saying, "I think we're making the record I always wanted us to make. We're kind of just in the middle of it, we're still writing songs and mixing stuff."
Bloc Party's "Mercury" Video Premiere:
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered