Tenacious D Start New Album's Work
Two years after dropping their latest album "The Pick of Destiny" in 2006, rock comedy band Tenacious D look set to release a new album soon. The news was revealed by one of the duo members Kyle Gass, who told Billboard.com, that he and his bandmate Jack Black have already begun the work for their new album.
Unfortunately, according to Kyle they have only finished about one to one and a half song only, and still don't have any clue on when the rock duo can finally release the new LP. "It's very challenging, we probably only have one to one and a half songs right now, and we probably need 12 to 15," Kyle explained. "It might take the rest of our lives, but I think it'll be worth waiting for."
Moreover, jokingly Kyle also stated that they plan to make the upcoming album as a master piece. "We'd like to do one final masterpiece I think we both know we're approaching death, as it were, and we'd like to have a lasting legacy. ('The Pick of Destiny') was kind of a soundtrack to the movie so we had to fulfill obligations that way. And now it's kind of opened up," Kyle said.
Beside speaking about Tenacious D's new record plan, on the interview, Kyle said that he also hoped to finish his side project band Trainwreck's first studio album soon. "I think that I need to really work harder at completing some of these projects. I think that I've been living on my laurels. I've been lazy, but now I think it's time to kick ass," Kyle said.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound