Tenacious D Start New Album's Work
Two years after dropping their latest album "The Pick of Destiny" in 2006, rock comedy band Tenacious D look set to release a new album soon. The news was revealed by one of the duo members Kyle Gass, who told Billboard.com, that he and his bandmate Jack Black have already begun the work for their new album.
Unfortunately, according to Kyle they have only finished about one to one and a half song only, and still don't have any clue on when the rock duo can finally release the new LP. "It's very challenging, we probably only have one to one and a half songs right now, and we probably need 12 to 15," Kyle explained. "It might take the rest of our lives, but I think it'll be worth waiting for."
Moreover, jokingly Kyle also stated that they plan to make the upcoming album as a master piece. "We'd like to do one final masterpiece I think we both know we're approaching death, as it were, and we'd like to have a lasting legacy. ('The Pick of Destiny') was kind of a soundtrack to the movie so we had to fulfill obligations that way. And now it's kind of opened up," Kyle said.
Beside speaking about Tenacious D's new record plan, on the interview, Kyle said that he also hoped to finish his side project band Trainwreck's first studio album soon. "I think that I need to really work harder at completing some of these projects. I think that I've been living on my laurels. I've been lazy, but now I think it's time to kick ass," Kyle said.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower