Tenacious D Start New Album's Work
Two years after dropping their latest album "The Pick of Destiny" in 2006, rock comedy band Tenacious D look set to release a new album soon. The news was revealed by one of the duo members Kyle Gass, who told Billboard.com, that he and his bandmate Jack Black have already begun the work for their new album.
Unfortunately, according to Kyle they have only finished about one to one and a half song only, and still don't have any clue on when the rock duo can finally release the new LP. "It's very challenging, we probably only have one to one and a half songs right now, and we probably need 12 to 15," Kyle explained. "It might take the rest of our lives, but I think it'll be worth waiting for."
Moreover, jokingly Kyle also stated that they plan to make the upcoming album as a master piece. "We'd like to do one final masterpiece I think we both know we're approaching death, as it were, and we'd like to have a lasting legacy. ('The Pick of Destiny') was kind of a soundtrack to the movie so we had to fulfill obligations that way. And now it's kind of opened up," Kyle said.
Beside speaking about Tenacious D's new record plan, on the interview, Kyle said that he also hoped to finish his side project band Trainwreck's first studio album soon. "I think that I need to really work harder at completing some of these projects. I think that I've been living on my laurels. I've been lazy, but now I think it's time to kick ass," Kyle said.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular