Matthew McConaughey's Baby's Name Revealed
Finally, a name is revealed for the newborn son of Matthew McConaughey and model girlfriend Camila Alves. To OK! the "Sahara" actor proudly revealed the baby who was born on Monday July 7 is called Levi Alves McConaughey.
On the reason he chooses Levi as the first name, Matthew explained, "Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person." He added that there is also another factor behind that. "Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: 'If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.'"
Meanwhile, the second name is adapted from the mother's family name because they "wanted to incorporate her family name."
Matthew ended the personal message saying, "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards