Matthew McConaughey's Baby's Name Revealed
Finally, a name is revealed for the newborn son of Matthew McConaughey and model girlfriend Camila Alves. To OK! the "Sahara" actor proudly revealed the baby who was born on Monday July 7 is called Levi Alves McConaughey.
On the reason he chooses Levi as the first name, Matthew explained, "Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person." He added that there is also another factor behind that. "Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: 'If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.'"
Meanwhile, the second name is adapted from the mother's family name because they "wanted to incorporate her family name."
Matthew ended the personal message saying, "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test