Matthew McConaughey's Baby's Name Revealed
Finally, a name is revealed for the newborn son of Matthew McConaughey and model girlfriend Camila Alves. To OK! the "Sahara" actor proudly revealed the baby who was born on Monday July 7 is called Levi Alves McConaughey.
On the reason he chooses Levi as the first name, Matthew explained, "Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person." He added that there is also another factor behind that. "Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: 'If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.'"
Meanwhile, the second name is adapted from the mother's family name because they "wanted to incorporate her family name."
Matthew ended the personal message saying, "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns