Matthew McConaughey's Baby's Name Revealed
Finally, a name is revealed for the newborn son of Matthew McConaughey and model girlfriend Camila Alves. To OK! the "Sahara" actor proudly revealed the baby who was born on Monday July 7 is called Levi Alves McConaughey.
On the reason he chooses Levi as the first name, Matthew explained, "Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person." He added that there is also another factor behind that. "Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: 'If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.'"
Meanwhile, the second name is adapted from the mother's family name because they "wanted to incorporate her family name."
Matthew ended the personal message saying, "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival