Matthew McConaughey's Baby's Name Revealed
Finally, a name is revealed for the newborn son of Matthew McConaughey and model girlfriend Camila Alves. To OK! the "Sahara" actor proudly revealed the baby who was born on Monday July 7 is called Levi Alves McConaughey.
On the reason he chooses Levi as the first name, Matthew explained, "Levi was another name for the apostle Matthew in The Bible. They were, in fact, two names for the same person." He added that there is also another factor behind that. "Our son was born at 6:22 pm, and this particular time represents my favorite verse in the book of Matthew in The Bible: 'If thy eye be single, thy whole body will be full of light.'"
Meanwhile, the second name is adapted from the mother's family name because they "wanted to incorporate her family name."
Matthew ended the personal message saying, "We welcome Levi Alves McConaughey into this wonderful life and look forward to living in it with him. In the mean time and all times, just keep livin'."
More Matthew McConaughey News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart