One of the 'Hobbit' Films to Have Fans as Extras
Ever since he has been tapped to direct the two installments of J.R.R. Tolkien's novel adaptation, "The Hobbit" and "The Hobbit 2", director Guillermo del Toro has been so open about what he has in mind of the two movies. Recently, he sat down with MTV to answer some burning questions from the fans.
On the occasion, the "Pan's Labyrinth" director made one interesting remark when he answered Mike Moore's question about the chance of a fan having to play as extra in the movie. Giving a serious reply to the curiosity, del Toro confessed that there is a good chance that one of the two films will use extras from fans stating, "I believe as the film comes to happen, in either of the two films, [fans] have a good chance of being there."
He further added his answer by giving a piece of advice to the hopeful fans as well as detailed plan he has for the matter. "Sleep with a lot of people if you can! That's a very good piece of advice. But don't bribe anyone. It will be wasted money," del Toro cheerfully said. "We will set some rules and some contests and some fans will definitely get the chance of being extras. Go and apply for those roles!"
To be produced by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson who has directed Tolkien's other novel adaptation "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the first "Hobbit" will be centered on Bilbo Baggins' character as he embarks on a journey to reclaim the stolen treasure by the dragon Smaug and eventually comes into possession of the One Ring while the second will serve as a bridge between "Hobbit" and "LOTR". "Hobbit" is scheduled for December 1, 2011 release and "Hobbit 2" is set to be released exactly a year later on December 1, 2012.
Guillermo del Toro Giving Advice to Fans of Being Extras in "The Hobbit":
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3