One of the 'Hobbit' Films to Have Fans as Extras
Ever since he has been tapped to direct the two installments of J.R.R. Tolkien's novel adaptation, "The Hobbit" and "The Hobbit 2", director Guillermo del Toro has been so open about what he has in mind of the two movies. Recently, he sat down with MTV to answer some burning questions from the fans.
On the occasion, the "Pan's Labyrinth" director made one interesting remark when he answered Mike Moore's question about the chance of a fan having to play as extra in the movie. Giving a serious reply to the curiosity, del Toro confessed that there is a good chance that one of the two films will use extras from fans stating, "I believe as the film comes to happen, in either of the two films, [fans] have a good chance of being there."
He further added his answer by giving a piece of advice to the hopeful fans as well as detailed plan he has for the matter. "Sleep with a lot of people if you can! That's a very good piece of advice. But don't bribe anyone. It will be wasted money," del Toro cheerfully said. "We will set some rules and some contests and some fans will definitely get the chance of being extras. Go and apply for those roles!"
To be produced by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson who has directed Tolkien's other novel adaptation "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the first "Hobbit" will be centered on Bilbo Baggins' character as he embarks on a journey to reclaim the stolen treasure by the dragon Smaug and eventually comes into possession of the One Ring while the second will serve as a bridge between "Hobbit" and "LOTR". "Hobbit" is scheduled for December 1, 2011 release and "Hobbit 2" is set to be released exactly a year later on December 1, 2012.
Guillermo del Toro Giving Advice to Fans of Being Extras in "The Hobbit":
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport