One of the 'Hobbit' Films to Have Fans as Extras
Ever since he has been tapped to direct the two installments of J.R.R. Tolkien's novel adaptation, "The Hobbit" and "The Hobbit 2", director Guillermo del Toro has been so open about what he has in mind of the two movies. Recently, he sat down with MTV to answer some burning questions from the fans.
On the occasion, the "Pan's Labyrinth" director made one interesting remark when he answered Mike Moore's question about the chance of a fan having to play as extra in the movie. Giving a serious reply to the curiosity, del Toro confessed that there is a good chance that one of the two films will use extras from fans stating, "I believe as the film comes to happen, in either of the two films, [fans] have a good chance of being there."
He further added his answer by giving a piece of advice to the hopeful fans as well as detailed plan he has for the matter. "Sleep with a lot of people if you can! That's a very good piece of advice. But don't bribe anyone. It will be wasted money," del Toro cheerfully said. "We will set some rules and some contests and some fans will definitely get the chance of being extras. Go and apply for those roles!"
To be produced by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson who has directed Tolkien's other novel adaptation "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, the first "Hobbit" will be centered on Bilbo Baggins' character as he embarks on a journey to reclaim the stolen treasure by the dragon Smaug and eventually comes into possession of the One Ring while the second will serve as a bridge between "Hobbit" and "LOTR". "Hobbit" is scheduled for December 1, 2011 release and "Hobbit 2" is set to be released exactly a year later on December 1, 2012.
Guillermo del Toro Giving Advice to Fans of Being Extras in "The Hobbit":
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story