'Bruno' Pranking Israeli Spy and Palestinian Academic
When his last controversial mockumentary "Borat" hit the theaters, Sacha Baron Cohen was faced with various lawsuits as well as box office glory with it grossing more than $260 million worldwide. Now, he is tackling another possible to be outrageous movie, "Bruno" and it seems that he is ready to deliver much more controversies with it.
In the latest news regarding the movie about the gay Austrian reporter, it is said that Cohen who portrays the titular character has tricked Yossi Alpher, a former Mossad top spy, and Ghassam Khalib, a Palestinian academic, into making an appearance in the feature film disguising it to be a youth documentary. Dressed in black leather and studs, Cohen allegedly ridiculed militant group Hamas.
Opening the conversation, Cohen as Bruno reportedly exclaimed, "What's the connection between a political movement and food. Why hummus?" When one of his guests politely corrected his mistake by saying, "Hamas is a Palestinian Islamist political movement. Hummus is a food," Cohen continued on, "Ya, but why hummus? Yesterday I threw away my pitta bread because it was dripping hummus. And it's too high in carbohydrates."
He further threw other ludicrous questions, including "Why don't you settle the conflict with a time share on the land?", "When will you Jews return the pyramids?" and "Why can't Jews and Hindus get along?". At some point, he even observed that the feud between Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie to be far worse than the Middle East conflict saying, "Your conflict is not so bad. Jennifer-Angelina is worse."
Besides his tickling questions, Cohen also made his guests holding hands and singing crazy song about the war. Though it appeared that his latest victims do not realize any ill deed, Alpher was quoted by The Sun confessing, "We knew something ludicrous was happening but couldn't quite figure it out." Directed by "Borat" screenwriter Dan Mazer, "Bruno" is set to hit the theaters on May 15, 2009.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress