'Good Shepherd' to Have Two More Sequels
Critically acclaimed drama thriller "The Good Shepherd" seems to be leading on having two follow-up movies in the coming future. The sequels rumor has been sparked by Robert De Niro, "Shepherd" director/producer/actor, after receiving a lifetime achievement award at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival on Friday, June 4.
Talking about these possible future projects, the 64-year-old confessed that he is planning on making the Academy Awards-nominated CIA Cold War drama a trilogy. He further explained that one of the new films will center on the action from 1961 to 1989, while the other will be focused on the first film's hero, Edward Wilson played by Matt Damon in "Shepherd".
Following the turbulent early history of the Central Intelligence Agency seen from the perspective of a man, "Good Shepherd" stars Damon, Angelina Jolie, De Niro, Alec Baldwin, Billy Crudup and many more. The movie that managed to snag Silver Berlin Bear from the 2007 Berlin International Film Festival for Outstanding Artistic Contribution collected nearly $60 million nationwide and $99.5 million worldwide.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show