Jessica Alba to Replace Rose McGowan in 'Barbarella'
One Hollywood speculation often leads to another. That is just exactly what happens with the upcoming "Barbarella" remake. Following the rumor that director Robert Rodriguez has split from his fiancee, Rose McGowan, who is also the leading lady of the movie, an unconfirmed news concerning an interesting casting report broke out.
Sparked initially by Perez Hilton awhile back, the speculation that the 34-year-old former "Charmed" actress will be replaced by another beauty Jessica Alba has heated even more recently. In the latest report on the matter, British's Sunday Mirror noted that the latter actress has been given the Jane Fonda's famous 1968 role. Reasoning the recasting was done due to the split as well as the difficulties in finding studio's founding with McGowan in the lead role, the tabloid also quoted a source giving hint on Alba's involvement, "Now Rose is out of the picture, Jessica is perfect - she's gorgeous and can be a badass on screen."
If Alba is indeed being cast for the titular role replacing McGowan, she will team up once again with Rodriguez. She has worked together with the filmmaker on noir-like action movie based on Frank Miller's graphic comic "Sin City" which is co-directed by Rodriguez. The new mother is also expected to work under the direction of the 40-year-old for the upcoming "Sin City" sequel, "Sin City 2".
Slated for 2009 release, "Barbarella" is a remake of Roger Vadim's erotic sci-fi film which is based on Jean-Claude Forest's French comic book of the same name. It follows the titular character who is a mercenary traveling across the universe and facing numerous adventures while undertaking missions that require her physical fearlessness, ingenuity and sensuality. The screenplay is scripted by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked