Madonna Denies Divorcing Guy Ritchie or Having an Affair with Alex Rodriguez
Has been keeping mum since all the talk that her marriage to husband Guy Ritchie is on the rocks, Madonna finally breaks her silence to People. In a statement she issued to the magazine on Sunday, July 6 the pop star insisted she is not planning to get divorced from her British husband while at the same time also denied having an affair with Yankee star Alex Rodriguez.
"My husband and I are not planning on getting a divorce," so she said in a statement. She continued saying, "I know Alex Rodriguez through Guy Oseary, who manages both of us. I brought my kids to a Yankee game. I am not romantically involved in any way with Alex Rodriguez. I have nothing to do with the state of his marriage or what spiritual path he may choose to study."
Rumors that Madonna and Ritchie planned to split have been circulating for months, fueled most recently by reports that she had hired a lawyer, seeking legal advice to divorce her film maker hubby. The singer's high powered spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg was quick to issue a denial though, insisted "There are no plans for Madonna and Guy to divorce."
Amidst rumors of the couple's separation, a claim emerged that Rodriguez's wife, Cynthia, had left the Yankee baseball star over his alleged affair with Madonna.
Speaking about the many rumors addressed to her, Madonna stated "I have learned over the years not to take accusations and the many false reports about me very seriously. I also appreciate how fiction and fact seem to be perceived as one and the same by people who read both newspapers and the Internet."
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'