Uma Thurman Threw a Lavish Engagement Party
Uma Thurman is wasting no time celebrating her engagement to financier boyfriend Arpad "Arki" Busson. Their engagement was confirmed by her representative last week and the couple were quick to invite their A-list friends to a lavish engagement party held at his London home Tuesday, July 1.
Held in a white marquee at Arki's Kensington home, the garden party attracted a host of celebrity guests, including Claudia Schiffer, Elizabeth Hurley and her husband Arun Nayar, socialite Jemima Khan, Elton John and partner David Furnish, Sting and wife Trudie Styler. Other famous guests at the bash included Topshop owner Philip Green and artist Damien Hirst.
"On the face of it, it was low-key but looking closer, the whole party just reeked of money," so said a source about the engagement party. "As well as the celebrity guests, there were a lot of people from Arki's fiance world and so everything was catering for their super-rich appetites. Their wedding is sure to be very elaborate."
Thurman's representative Stephen Huvane confirmed on June 27 his celebrity client's engagement to Arki. He reportedly presented her with an 8-plus carat center stone surrounded by 20 smaller stones. Thurman was seen sporting the gem at Elton John's British manor house, where he's throwing his 10th White Tie and Tiara benefit, back on June 26.
No words on Thurman and Arki's wedding plans.
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere