Uma Thurman Threw a Lavish Engagement Party
Uma Thurman is wasting no time celebrating her engagement to financier boyfriend Arpad "Arki" Busson. Their engagement was confirmed by her representative last week and the couple were quick to invite their A-list friends to a lavish engagement party held at his London home Tuesday, July 1.
Held in a white marquee at Arki's Kensington home, the garden party attracted a host of celebrity guests, including Claudia Schiffer, Elizabeth Hurley and her husband Arun Nayar, socialite Jemima Khan, Elton John and partner David Furnish, Sting and wife Trudie Styler. Other famous guests at the bash included Topshop owner Philip Green and artist Damien Hirst.
"On the face of it, it was low-key but looking closer, the whole party just reeked of money," so said a source about the engagement party. "As well as the celebrity guests, there were a lot of people from Arki's fiance world and so everything was catering for their super-rich appetites. Their wedding is sure to be very elaborate."
Thurman's representative Stephen Huvane confirmed on June 27 his celebrity client's engagement to Arki. He reportedly presented her with an 8-plus carat center stone surrounded by 20 smaller stones. Thurman was seen sporting the gem at Elton John's British manor house, where he's throwing his 10th White Tie and Tiara benefit, back on June 26.
No words on Thurman and Arki's wedding plans.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed