'Narnia: Dawn Treader' Sails to Mexico
The first two "Narnia" movies have been largely filmed in New Zealand due to government tax incentives. Thus, it is most likely that the third film would be getting the same shooting location. But, that is not the case with "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
Giving update to the film succeeding "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", producers revealed that the production of the Walden Media's flick will be moved to Rosarito, Mexico with the set-up shop at Baja Studios. On the moving of the filming base, producers reasoned that the third adaptation movie of C.S. Lewis' novel series will be needing several large sound stages and a massive water tank, and they will get that by using Baja, the studio where "Titanic", "Deep Blue Sea" and "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World".
Though setting the production of the latest "Narnia" series in Mexico, it is said that the location shots in Australia will still be done according to the planned schedule. With the changing of location base, the production is likely to be pushed from its October 2008 plan to January 2009.
"Dawn Trader" will be directed by Michael Apted using the screenplay written by Steven Knight. It will follows the adventure of the two youngest Pevensive siblings, Lucy and Edmund, and their cousin Eustace after they are being thrown to Narnia's royal ship The Dawn Treader and join Prince Caspian in his quest to find the seven banished lords. The flick is slated for May 7, 2010 release.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!