Meet the SAFETYSUIT, New Rock Act Taking Over the Music Scene
It was barely 3 years ago that the boys of SAFETYSUIT sat down with producer Greg Archilla and had a creative session that would eventually bring them to a higher place as musicians. Deemed talented, confident with a new wave of sound that relies on simplicity of the lyrics and melody, the band hailing from Nashville is one reminder of good old rock act.
The four-piece started off as Crew who won a local Battle of Bands despite entering at the last minute. Lifting their credibility to be the local sensation, they signed a deal with Universal Records and sticked to Archilla to take over their debut album's production. The result is, "Life Left to Go" that was released on May 13, 2008. Thanks to its mesmerizing "Someone Like You" single, the album became a popular stock among its rock fans that it peaked at #15 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers. The album itself received praises, considerably uplifting for such a newcomer.
In support of their new release, the band have also mapped out a tour in which they will be joined by Seether on some dates. On July 4, they will visit Milwaukee, Wisconsin to highlight the Independence day with a concert at Summerfest. More complete tour dates of the band can be found on their official MySpace page.
Having a quality to be a future rock idol, SAFETYSUIT also save some slot for their boyish stunts. The bunch document their journey on the road and show the footages to their fans, proving how fun they can be outside the music scene. The latest clip they sent out was "Dangerous Soccer" where they joined fellow band Theory of a Dead Man to play with flaming soccer ball on the parking lot after their show. The video can be checked out below.
- Douglas Brown - vocals, rhythm guitar
- Dave Garofolo - guitar
- Jeremy Henshaw - bass
- Tate Cunningham - drums
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'