Rap Star DMX Arrested in Arizona on Outstanding Warrants and Bond Violation
Not all is well in the life of rap star DMX. Following his second arrest last week, he was busted yet again on Wednesday morning, July 2 in Arizona on bond violation and outstanding warrants.
DMX was making his way out of a flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport when sheriffs arrested him. A Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman said the star was taken into custody for failure to appear in court, failure to pay fines and driving without a license, all of which are from past cases, stemmed from his arrests for marijuana possession and unauthorized driving of an all terrain vehicle (ATV).
DMX, who is expected to appear before a judge late Wednesday, would probably spend several months in an Arizona jail as he awaits his next court date, and possibly more time after that.
DMX's management company could not be reached for comment, and his attorney in Phoenix, Cameron Morgan, declined to comment. His other attorney, Murray Richman, meanwhile stated that his celebrity client knew he would be arrested upon arrival, but must "take it like a man and face up to it."
"He was supposed to be in court today in Arizona, but he was picked up as soon as he arrived," Richman explained. "The arrest was a result of him being arrested in Florida. That arrest violated the strict conditions of his $7,500 bond in Arizona, which stated that he could not be arrested while on bail."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival