Rapper Young Jeezy Making Film Debut Through Ice Cube's 'Janky'
Young Jeezy's name has been cemented among the successful rap artists today with the selling of over than 2 million copies from his two albums. Now, the rapper whose real name is Jay Jenkins is ready to add another title on his resume, an actor.
Latest report has unearthed that the 30-year-old has joined the cast ensemble of Ice Cube's comedy movie "Janky Promoters". In it, the "Soul Survivor" hitmaker will star as a big-name hip-hop artist for whom the two main characters work.
Scripted and co-produced by Cube, "Janky" follows the story of a pair of shady concert promoters who get a once in a lifetime shot to book a big-name hip-hop act. The Dimension Films' movie stars Cube and Mike Epps as the two leading characters and supported also by Terry Crews and Little JJ. It is currently in production and is expected to come out sometime in 2009.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch