Rapper Young Jeezy Making Film Debut Through Ice Cube's 'Janky'
Young Jeezy's name has been cemented among the successful rap artists today with the selling of over than 2 million copies from his two albums. Now, the rapper whose real name is Jay Jenkins is ready to add another title on his resume, an actor.
Latest report has unearthed that the 30-year-old has joined the cast ensemble of Ice Cube's comedy movie "Janky Promoters". In it, the "Soul Survivor" hitmaker will star as a big-name hip-hop artist for whom the two main characters work.
Scripted and co-produced by Cube, "Janky" follows the story of a pair of shady concert promoters who get a once in a lifetime shot to book a big-name hip-hop act. The Dimension Films' movie stars Cube and Mike Epps as the two leading characters and supported also by Terry Crews and Little JJ. It is currently in production and is expected to come out sometime in 2009.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke