Rapper Young Jeezy Making Film Debut Through Ice Cube's 'Janky'
Young Jeezy's name has been cemented among the successful rap artists today with the selling of over than 2 million copies from his two albums. Now, the rapper whose real name is Jay Jenkins is ready to add another title on his resume, an actor.
Latest report has unearthed that the 30-year-old has joined the cast ensemble of Ice Cube's comedy movie "Janky Promoters". In it, the "Soul Survivor" hitmaker will star as a big-name hip-hop artist for whom the two main characters work.
Scripted and co-produced by Cube, "Janky" follows the story of a pair of shady concert promoters who get a once in a lifetime shot to book a big-name hip-hop act. The Dimension Films' movie stars Cube and Mike Epps as the two leading characters and supported also by Terry Crews and Little JJ. It is currently in production and is expected to come out sometime in 2009.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now