Rapper Young Jeezy Making Film Debut Through Ice Cube's 'Janky'
Young Jeezy's name has been cemented among the successful rap artists today with the selling of over than 2 million copies from his two albums. Now, the rapper whose real name is Jay Jenkins is ready to add another title on his resume, an actor.
Latest report has unearthed that the 30-year-old has joined the cast ensemble of Ice Cube's comedy movie "Janky Promoters". In it, the "Soul Survivor" hitmaker will star as a big-name hip-hop artist for whom the two main characters work.
Scripted and co-produced by Cube, "Janky" follows the story of a pair of shady concert promoters who get a once in a lifetime shot to book a big-name hip-hop act. The Dimension Films' movie stars Cube and Mike Epps as the two leading characters and supported also by Terry Crews and Little JJ. It is currently in production and is expected to come out sometime in 2009.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors