Miley Cyrus Makes a Surprising Appearance at a Charity Gig
Teen pop star Miley Cyrus made another surprise for her fans by appearing and performing at a charity concert on Sunday, June 29. Miley who wasn't scheduled to perform on the event suddenly took the stage and sang with country singer Jeffrey Steele.
Steele, who was the mastermind of the event, was very surprised that the teen pop star suddenly came to the stage and asked if she could sing at the event. With the approval from the country star, the teen singer then performed a song titled "Simple Song", which was recorded by her and written by the 46-year-old singer. Not only that the song also happened to be the country singer's only song that was on her son's iPod the day he died.
After performing "Simple Song", Miley then asked Steele to do a duet with her singing his hit single "Hollywood Girl". The country singer then commented about the pop star's request stating, "Miley might live in Hollywood, but in her heart, she'll always be our Tennessee girl."
The event's itself was actually a fund raising concert held by Steele to remember the death of his 13-year-old son Alex la Vasseur in 2007. On the show, that was staged at the Jim Warren Park in Franklin, Tennessee, beside Miley, the country singer is also being accompanied by other famous names, such as Michael McDonald and Miley's dad Billy Ray Cyrus.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'