'Wanted' Scribbler Mark Millar to Reinvent Superman
Having had a big break in the movie biz with summer blockbuster "Wanted (2008)", screenwriter Mark Millar apparently refuses to slow down. In the latest interview, the award-winning graphic novelist revealed that he already has a new feature film project in mind and this time, he confessed that he is looking forward to reinvent one particular superhero, Superman.
Talking to the Daily Record, the 38-year-old unveiled his plan on writing the Superman revamp. He further acknowledged that his movie project has had its director and producer without indicating who the two are. "Since I was a kid I've always wanted to reinvent Superman for the 21st century," he said. "I've been planning this my entire life. I've got my director and producer set up, and it'll be 2011."
Adding to the information shared, he stated, "The Superman brand is toxic after that last movie lost [a good chunk of change], but in 2011 we're hoping to restart it. Sadly I can't say who the director is, but we may make it official by Christmas." According to Slash Film, there is a big chunk of possibility that the director he mentioned will be "Superman Returns" helmer Bryan Singer based on the fact that Singer has noted that he has had meeting with writers for a more action-oriented and less nostalgic sequel about the man of steel.
Concerning another Superman movie on the work, Warner Bros. Pictures have planned to follow-up "Superman Returns" with "Superman: The Man of Steel" for quite sometime. The new tidbit will have Singer back as the director as well as co-producer. It is scheduled to start production in early 2009.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed