'Wanted' Scribbler Mark Millar to Reinvent Superman
Having had a big break in the movie biz with summer blockbuster "Wanted (2008)", screenwriter Mark Millar apparently refuses to slow down. In the latest interview, the award-winning graphic novelist revealed that he already has a new feature film project in mind and this time, he confessed that he is looking forward to reinvent one particular superhero, Superman.
Talking to the Daily Record, the 38-year-old unveiled his plan on writing the Superman revamp. He further acknowledged that his movie project has had its director and producer without indicating who the two are. "Since I was a kid I've always wanted to reinvent Superman for the 21st century," he said. "I've been planning this my entire life. I've got my director and producer set up, and it'll be 2011."
Adding to the information shared, he stated, "The Superman brand is toxic after that last movie lost [a good chunk of change], but in 2011 we're hoping to restart it. Sadly I can't say who the director is, but we may make it official by Christmas." According to Slash Film, there is a big chunk of possibility that the director he mentioned will be "Superman Returns" helmer Bryan Singer based on the fact that Singer has noted that he has had meeting with writers for a more action-oriented and less nostalgic sequel about the man of steel.
Concerning another Superman movie on the work, Warner Bros. Pictures have planned to follow-up "Superman Returns" with "Superman: The Man of Steel" for quite sometime. The new tidbit will have Singer back as the director as well as co-producer. It is scheduled to start production in early 2009.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia