Heath Ledger's Name Attached to a Playhouse
Tribute and honor keep coming to appreciate Aussie late actor Heath Ledger. In addition to the scholarship fund the L.A.-based organization Australians in Film named after him, the actor's hometown Perth reportedly remembered him, naming a theater in his honor for his commitment to acting.
West Australian Premier Alan Carpenter, accompanied by Ledger's father Kim Ledger, has on Tuesday morning, July 1 announced plans for the theater which is about to be called Heath Ledger Theater. It reportedly costs $87 million to build the theater which hosts a total of 575 seats.
Expressing his praise for the late actor Carpenter said, "Heath Ledger was totally dedicated to the craft of being an actor and that's what made him successful. I think what we're doing is continuing that support for young people who want to make a career in the arts and acting, stage and in film, whatever it happens to be."
Heath's father Kim, elsewhere, stated that the Ledger family supported the naming decision and was quite touched by it. "We feel so honored and intensely proud to know the government and people of West Australia are prepared to attach Heath's name to this new theater project, which will provide Perth with an outstanding venue for years to come. Heath was deeply committed to his personal life within the arts environment the world over and an extraordinary giver of his time, kindness and money to aspiring or struggling artists from Australia and overseas. I have no doubt he would be pleased we are accepting the attachment of his name to such a worthy theater project."
And while the planned Heath Ledger Theater is still under construction, Kim has revealed to the press that the family would travel to the United States later this month for the screening of Heath's last two films; "The Dark Knight" and "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'