Eddie Murphy Nixed Ditching 'Beverly Hills Cop IV' Rumor
Recently, renowned comedian Eddie Murphy has generated a pretty good stir with his remarks to Extra TV suggesting that he won't be involved in the upcoming "Beverly Hills Cop IV" and that he will be retiring soon. But, as soon as that report came out to the media, the 47-year-old offered otherwise.
Providing an opposing statement to his previous remark, the star of the upcoming comedy "Meet Dave" noted to MTV that he wants to do a better "BHC" movie than the third film. "I've been in a bunch of different meetings with people, 'Oh, we have to take Axel this way.'. I ain't seen no script yet [but] I'm not rolling out 'Beverly Hills Cop 4' for it to be a continuation of 'Beverly Hills Cop III,' which was a crock of sh-t," explained the co-star of Beyonce Knowles in "Dreamgirls". "I wanna do a good one!"
Putting a hush to the speculation once and for all, the man giving voice to Donkey in "Shrek" series insisted that he is not done yet with the action comedy series. "Because the third 'Beverly Hills Cop' was horrible! I didn't want to leave it like that. The first two were cool and the third one was sh---y. [Let's] get the franchise fixed again, clean up this old mess and do a good movie," so claimed the actor "[Don't] just leave Axel with his thumb up his a-- from the last movie. Whatever happened to Axel Foley? He's sitting in Detroit with his thumb up his a-- since 'Beverly Hills Cop III.' Let's take those thumbs out and make a great movie!"
On his rumored retirement plan, his representative was quick to come with a denial. Hours after the speculation hits, his camp dished it through MTV News on Tuesday, July 1, simply stating, "Eddie is not retiring. 'Beverly Hills Cop IV' is in development."
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young