Rep: 'Madonna and Guy Ritchie Are Not Getting a Divorce'
Despite the mounting evidence to the contrary, a representative for Madonna insisted the superstar and her husband Guy Ritchie are not divorcing. The singer's high powered spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg issued a statement of denial to People, rejecting the persistent rumors on her client's rocky marriage.
"Madonna's husband Guy arrived in New York last night to be with his wife and family (not in a last ditch attempt to save his marriage which does not need saving)," so read the statement Liz wrote to People. "There are no plans for Madonna and Guy to divorce."
Liz furthermore also set the record straight on the media rumors that her celebrity client has a fling with New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez. Put the false reports to rest, she explained "Madonna and Alex have the same manager, Guy Oseary. They have met. They know each other and Madonna took her kids to a Yankees game last week. There's really not anything to comment on beyond that."
Rumors that Madonna and Guy are divorcing have been circulating in various media publications for months. Worse, it was reported recently that she has been seeking legal advice from Fiona Shackleton, the same lawyer who handled Paul McCartney's divorce case, to end her marriage to her film director hubby.
Added fuel to the divorce rumors, OK! magazine reported Tuesday, July 1 that Madonna "has been spending a lot of time with" Alex. The publication claimed the songbird tries to seek "solace in the handsome third baseman as her marriage to the british director fizzles."
On the many negative rumors addressed to Madonna, Liz commented, "It's nothing new that people are airing tons of dirty laundry Madonna's way lately - much of it untrue."
More Madonna News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'