Rep: 'Madonna and Guy Ritchie Are Not Getting a Divorce'
Despite the mounting evidence to the contrary, a representative for Madonna insisted the superstar and her husband Guy Ritchie are not divorcing. The singer's high powered spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg issued a statement of denial to People, rejecting the persistent rumors on her client's rocky marriage.
"Madonna's husband Guy arrived in New York last night to be with his wife and family (not in a last ditch attempt to save his marriage which does not need saving)," so read the statement Liz wrote to People. "There are no plans for Madonna and Guy to divorce."
Liz furthermore also set the record straight on the media rumors that her celebrity client has a fling with New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez. Put the false reports to rest, she explained "Madonna and Alex have the same manager, Guy Oseary. They have met. They know each other and Madonna took her kids to a Yankees game last week. There's really not anything to comment on beyond that."
Rumors that Madonna and Guy are divorcing have been circulating in various media publications for months. Worse, it was reported recently that she has been seeking legal advice from Fiona Shackleton, the same lawyer who handled Paul McCartney's divorce case, to end her marriage to her film director hubby.
Added fuel to the divorce rumors, OK! magazine reported Tuesday, July 1 that Madonna "has been spending a lot of time with" Alex. The publication claimed the songbird tries to seek "solace in the handsome third baseman as her marriage to the british director fizzles."
On the many negative rumors addressed to Madonna, Liz commented, "It's nothing new that people are airing tons of dirty laundry Madonna's way lately - much of it untrue."
More Madonna News
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?