Angelina Jolie Checked Into a French Hospital, Doing Great, Healthy and Happy
With her due date is drawing closer, Angelina Jolie has checked into a hospital in the South of France Monday, June 30 in anticipation of giving birth to twins. She, nevertheless, is said to be "doing great, very healthy and happy" following reports that she checked into the seafront Lenval hospital in Nice.
While the news media have been afire with reports of Jolie's hospitalization, a representative for the hospital confirmed Tuesday, July 1 she had checked in at its Santa Maria maternity clinic to be kept under doctors' surveillance and get some rest before she gives birth. "Ms. Jolie came to the hospital last night as part of a pre-planned rest period, before she gives birth," Nadine Bauer, a hospital spokeswoman told In Touch Weekly magazine. "The visit has been planned for a long time, there are no complications. She is just resting."
The Associated Press, elsewhere, quoted Bauer as saying, "There's no urgency. It's been planned for a long time. She's very well. Everything is fine. She is not on the verge of giving birth, not at all. It's not for right away."
Still according to Bauer, Jolie will almost certainly remain in the hospital until she gives birth. The term of the medical treatment she got from the hospital and her exact due date still remain mystery at press time.
The twins Jolie is carrying will be her next children with longtime partner Brad Pitt in addition to their first biological daughter Shiloh and their three adopted children; Pax, Maddox, and Zahara. Jolie herself has said the babies are due in August but won't reveal the exact date.
She and Pitt previously remained silent on the twins, and it was not until her "Kung Fu Panda" co-star Jack Black let slip the news in an interview at Cannes film festival in France in May that she officially confirmed her pregnancy.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!
- Sara Sampaio Strips Down to Sheer Lingerie in Sultry New Slefie
- Drake Debuts New Song 'Signs' at Louis Vuitton's Paris Fashion Show
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer