Angelina Jolie Checked Into a French Hospital, Doing Great, Healthy and Happy
With her due date is drawing closer, Angelina Jolie has checked into a hospital in the South of France Monday, June 30 in anticipation of giving birth to twins. She, nevertheless, is said to be "doing great, very healthy and happy" following reports that she checked into the seafront Lenval hospital in Nice.
While the news media have been afire with reports of Jolie's hospitalization, a representative for the hospital confirmed Tuesday, July 1 she had checked in at its Santa Maria maternity clinic to be kept under doctors' surveillance and get some rest before she gives birth. "Ms. Jolie came to the hospital last night as part of a pre-planned rest period, before she gives birth," Nadine Bauer, a hospital spokeswoman told In Touch Weekly magazine. "The visit has been planned for a long time, there are no complications. She is just resting."
The Associated Press, elsewhere, quoted Bauer as saying, "There's no urgency. It's been planned for a long time. She's very well. Everything is fine. She is not on the verge of giving birth, not at all. It's not for right away."
Still according to Bauer, Jolie will almost certainly remain in the hospital until she gives birth. The term of the medical treatment she got from the hospital and her exact due date still remain mystery at press time.
The twins Jolie is carrying will be her next children with longtime partner Brad Pitt in addition to their first biological daughter Shiloh and their three adopted children; Pax, Maddox, and Zahara. Jolie herself has said the babies are due in August but won't reveal the exact date.
She and Pitt previously remained silent on the twins, and it was not until her "Kung Fu Panda" co-star Jack Black let slip the news in an interview at Cannes film festival in France in May that she officially confirmed her pregnancy.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'